Subscribe:

Friday, October 19, 2012

Proof Your Temps Are Unreliable For Indicating Pregnancy

I'm on CD32 and 13DPO. Pregnancy test status BFN. Chances are...I'm not pregnant. Unless I implanted REALLY late (which is unlikely), AF should be here in 2-3 days.

But that's not the point of this post. The point is chart obsessing. I LOVE analyzing my chart for every little thing (and there's nothing wrong with this. Do what makes the 2WW go faster for you). And Fertility Friend has a nifty little feature that allows you to search charts and then overlay yours on top of theirs. So that's exactly what I did. And this is what I found.

My temps are the ones in purple and the chart I compared it to is in green. That person was pregnant and got their first positive test on 10DPO. I was more and more hopeful by the day. Our temps were SO similar, especially during and right after ovulation. Looking at my chart I had what everyone wants to see. High temps that kept rising and maybe even a possible implantation dip around 10DPO. But unfortunately, I am not pregnant and it doesn't seem likely that I will get a positive in the next few days. (I would love it if it would happen though and would gladly eat my words!) If my temps stay high past 16DPO and I haven't gotten my period yet, I can start to assume that I am in fact pregnant but the timeframe they usually tell you to stick with is 18DPO. If you are 18DPO or more and still haven't gotten AF and your temps are high, you can pretty much be sure you're pregnant. I expect my temp to dive very soon.

Bottom line is, you can obsess all you want over your chart but the only thing that will tell you that you are pregnant is an HPT or a blood test.

0 comments:

Post a Comment